I probably shouldn't be writing this today since I'm really unhappy, but ... I'm sure my friends would prefer it to be crying to them.
I woke up this morning with this sinking feeling in my chest that something was wrong with the house. Since we're in that 10,000 subcontractor phase, it feels like I've lost the build. I know it sounds weird, but it's all these other people who really don't care the way I felt it did in the beginning.
1. Some of the things aren't bad.
2. It's still coming along.
3. They *should* meet the date.
4. The siding is beautiful. (I was super worried)
1. A lot of shit that's "done" is wrong and shitty workmanship.
- The knobs on the doors are all off. There is a cabinet that doesn't match the others (I've been assure this will be fixed with no issues).
- The tile work is horrible. I'm sorry, but I'm about to lose my mind on some of it. The tiles are crooked, sinking, off center, wrong grout used (I picked specific grout to match different things).
- The shower door that's been "hung" has a huge gap ... (we were told this will be fixed as well).
2. Wiring issue.
This is honestly what has me heated today. We had the upgrade for wiring internet service in our house. I paid a lot of money for this. I was VERY clear (also we sign a floor plan) that the router was to go in my office. They put it in the effin dining room. Our house is a reverse model. Well, some idiot didn't pay attention.
I have no idea how much time we'll lose since I'm assuming they need to rip out dry wall. But it needs to be fixed. Who the hell would put their router in the dining room? Seriously. No one thought, this is weird ... ??
3. Lighting wiring issue
Again this goes to someone just not caring. I don't think any of them do care, honestly. Our PM does, but the contractors that work for him ... not so much.
We were very specific as to where the flood light has to go in the back, they put it ABOVE the window of the Princess Suite. Why? Why? Why would you put a FLOOD LIGHT above a window where a kid will sleep? Like, does that sound practical to ANYONE?
Sure, child, while you sleep, let me flip the outside light on and ... oh, I don't know, shine a flood light into your room.
I'm not happy.
I'm pretty sure I'm overreacting to how I feel, but whatever. I'm grateful I live so close that I can check on things because I can't imagine being far away and not being able to catch all the little things they screw up.
I have a running tally.
My biggest issue is that I HATE confrontation. I don't want to be that pain in the ass who is pointing out every issue, but I'm also not going to suck it up. We're paying way too much for this house to have a subpar build.
So, I'm going to drink some wine and try to calm myself.